Wednesday, December 2, 2009

BRRRRRRRRRR!






It's been a while since out last voyage around the island, so since it wasn't raining, we decided to kayak another section of our quest. Is it possible to be sweating while getting frost bite? We were going against the tide and against the wind, which made for a good work out. However, it made the frost bite on our toes less noticeable so that when we were done, we could barely walk back to the cars. It literally took 2 hours before my toes and bottoms of my feet stopped tingling - and that's after a HOT shower, wriggling my toes, wool socks, and walking around. Next time, I'm definitely putting hand warmers in my boots.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Yes, I think it is possible to be sweating while getting frostbite! Your toes proved it. It's supposed to be even colder next Monday...high of 33 now forecast, and we're going way before we hit the high. It will probably be around 29 or so when we go out. I'll bring lots of handwarmers for our feet and hands.